The condition of hidradenitis suppurativa, otherwise known as acne inversa, affects on average around 1 to 2 percent of the American population, and around 1 to 4 percent globally. For those who do suffer from the condition, it can be both painful and embarrassing, and also very costly to treat. There are a number of clinical and medical procedures, including cryotherapy and antibiotics, but these can have numerous side effects which have prompted many to seek a hidradenitis suppurativa cure elsewhere. Because the rate of infection occurs primarily more among women than men (almost 3:1), many of the hidradenitis suppurativa natural treatments that have been brought to light have been by women. We thank you for bravely sharing your experiences so that more may continue to find healing as well!
Herbal Supplements For Hidradenitis Suppurativa Home Remedies:
In addition to managing diet, a key group of herbs have been used both as a hidradenitis treatment and home remedies for long suffering chronic patients. These can include:
- Garlic – considered a wonder herb by man, this hidradenitis suppurativa natural treatment is very effective in lowering the glucose levels in the blood, and also boosting the immune system’s response to infections and stress that causes acne inversa flare-ups.
- Turmeric – this yellow strong-tasting root herb has also been touted as a wonder herb by not only traditional users, but by a growing number of health professionals who have come to recognize it for its anti-inflammatory effects, and its use as a mild pain killer.
- Ginger – almost obvious, this Asian herb has been used in poultices and teas for thousands of years as way to treat any number of maladies, and has similar anti-inflammatory effects to that of garlic and turmeric.
- Blueberries – a proven anti-oxidant berry, the high oxalic acid content in these small blue berries has a number of benefits on the body, including reducing swelling and acting as a tasty hidradenitis suppurativa natural treatment.
- Parsley Tea – yes, that ornamental green floret on your plate at a restaurant is not only edible, it can function as a very powerful herb and anti-oxidant when steeped in tea. As well, it’s high vitamin-C content helps to improve the immune system.
Lifestyle Tips for Hidradenitis Suppurativa Natural Treatments:
While the use of herbs is a great hidradenitis suppurativa natural treatment, there are a number of other options available for people, and these include minor alterations in the lifestyle choices and habits of patients afflicted.
1. Cold Compresses – because of the nature of acne inversa, and depending on what stage (I-III) the disease manifests itself in, using cold compresses and other easy home-based methods of reducing swelling and friction can make a world of difference. These cold compresses will not only reduce swelling, but can also help manage the pain and discomfort and is an easy temporary hidradenitis suppurativa cure. As we’ve seen, a huge population of patients are women, and on average it affects more African American women than Caucasians.
2. Flare-ups responsible for relapse have been observed to occur in tandem with the menstrual cycle, when hormonal imbalances are affected – in order to manage this, other hidradenitis suppurativa natural treatments involve balancing these levels. This can be in the form of other herbs (such as dandelion and ginger) or in the application and consumption of contraceptives, which are designed to fool the body into producing the correct amount of estrogen and progesterone.
3. Hydrotherapy is somewhat of a new treatment option, but as a hidradenitis suppurativa cure it shows much promise.
4. Most hydrotherapy can either be facilitated at home or at a recreational facility – it involves steam baths or saunas which help to open up the pores through the use of heat, and this often produces or heightens sweating. Afterwards, it is very important to take a shower, in order to prevent further clogging of the pores.
5. At home, this can be as easily accomplished through hot baths, but again should be followed up with a cleansing shower to ensure that the pores and glands have been scoured of any lingering sweat or oils.
6. Exercise and weight loss don’t usually top the list of what people want to do, but the level of exercise one gets on a daily basis is the easiest and cheapest hidradenitis suppurativa natural treatment. Exercise will encourage the body’s immune system, and will also aid in a increasing dopamine which creates positive feelings, which can help with the psychological stresses that may have caused a flare-up in the first place.
7. Loose-fitting clothes are another overlooked option – by wearing looser fitting clothing, there is less pressure on afflicted areas, and friction of fabric can be avoided.
When Choosing A Hidradenitis Suppurativa Treatment:
No one knows you like you know yourself – you’re the best person to feel which approach will be best to treat your acne inversa. That’s why it’s almost important to consider the wide range of possible causes and possible limitations to each treatment. This can involve incorporating a number of different methods and strategies into your daily life, along with some patience since you’ll need to test them out one at a time to see what works best. When considering which treatment options that will be best over the long-term, a holistic approach is much more logical in regards to money, effectiveness, safety and in many cases time. Especially considering how costly doctor visits, surgeries, and pharmaceutical prescriptions can be. The more of these treatments (listed above) you are able to apply to your own life, the better you’ll feel, and the quicker you will be able to return to a healthy style of living. *NOTE: If you are currently taking medications, especially blood-thinners or have serious heart or other severe health problems you should consult a certified holistic health-care physician before starting any new dietary regimen.
One Of My Biggest Breakthroughs Yet…
Currently, I have spent almost 3 months researching & amassed 60+ hours in the library and with various doctors, nutritionist & GPs. There’s one treatment method by Therese Wilson, I kept coming across again and again called the “Fast Hidradenitis Suppurativa Cure.” I have to admit after so much research, I was a bit skeptical at the sounds of the title, but I read through it all anyway and I’m so glad I did.
It literally gave me the remaining pieces that I needed to move forward with a protocol and help Jane after all these months (and her depression was getting progressive worse prior to this). Therese and her team of professional nutritionists actually talked via email/phone with Jane and I through the best protocol that would work best for her. I will talk more about the protocol and everything we did, but that is for another post.